Take the classic elegance of a beautiful Queenslander, add the essentials of sophisticated modern living and provide an indoor-outdoor lifestyle with a magnificent entertainers' deck and in-ground pool.
What do you have? 16 Beaton St, West Mackay.
You know this is a beauty when you see it from the street. A statuesque statement in style displaying everything we love about a well-maintained, timeless Queenslander.
And it only gets better when you pause to enjoy the large front deck and then step inside. The high ceilings, polished floorboards, tongue and groove walls and casement windows provide the authenticity you want.
It all flows through a large lounge room, modern kitchen and spacious dining area to a big and breezy deck that overlooks the sparkling pool and the yard beyond.
The deck is something special and will transform the way you enjoy dining, entertaining and relaxing in our climate; it has the space for lounge and dining areas, catches those essential easterly summer breezes and provides the afternoon shade we need.
From the deck you will also notice the air-conditioned, built-in shed that is set up to be used as a home office, place for kids to enjoy themselves or a space for guests.
And it's not just romance and beautiful aesthetics here. The practicalities of parking a boat, van or other vehicle can be taken care of. Side access can easily be widened and a concrete slab, carport or single-bay shed can be installed to provide extra parking at the side of the house.
Set on an 832sq m block in one of the best streets in one of Mackay's most popular suburbs, the property offers easy access to everything you need. You are minutes from the CBD, Mackay Base Hospital, the delights of the Botanic Gardens, Parkside shopping centre, Paget and the airport.
As for schools, you're close to very good local private and public schools and the new Catholic high school currently being built at the nearby old Sugar Research Institute which will open next year.
This impeccably maintained Queenslander has a downstairs shower and toilet, which comes in very handy when family and friends are enjoying the delights of the fantastic pool. It is set on a fully fenced block and some of the features include:
• Three bedrooms, all with split system air-conditioners and two with built-in wardrobes. The master bedroom flows easily through stained glass French doors out to the front deck, an extra sanctuary to relax and enjoy the street-scape
• Superb kitchen including one of the best ovens with gas stove you will ever get to use, island bench and dishwasher
• Stylish updated bathroom with shower and bath
• Separate lounge and dining areas that flow out to the magnificent deck
• The deck has room for lounges and a dining table and there's plenty of space to use the barbie and relax with family and friends
• From the deck you can wander down to the gorgeous in-ground pool and keep an eye on the kids as they enjoy themselves
• The built-in, air-conditioned shed is just beyond the pool and has NBN connection and offers air-conditioned comfort for a multitude of purposes, whether that's for kids, working from home or guests. Set up a home gym if you want one
• Under the house is a second toilet and shower as well as the laundry, end-to-end parking for two cars and lots of storage space including an enclosed room
• Solar panels: a 6.6 kilowatt system with a 5 kilowatt inverter providing 5 kilowatts of output
• There is also bore water for the garden and plenty of space in the yard for kids and pets to enjoy themselves
Not everyone gets to live in West Mackay, with its large high-and-dry blocks, convenient access to everything you need and established, quality neighbourhoods.
And even if you do get the opportunity to buy in West Mackay, you don't usually get one of those beautiful, authentic Queenslanders that's been well-maintained, includes modern fittings and fixtures and has a big deck and pool to create an indoor-outdoor lifestyle.
What would you do if one came up? Would you sit on your hands, waste time pondering it and stand by while another family seizes the opportunity and gets to live their dream?
Or would you act?
Call David Fisher to arrange an inspection.